You Got This! Learn How To Become Your Own Cheerleader
You need to encourage yourself. You need to pump yourself up. You need to be your own cheerleader. Why? Because you can’t wait and hope that someone else will come along and cheer you up, make you feel better, or tell you that you’ll do better next time.
By The Holiday Firm Manisha Holiday | Published June 6, 2022, 7:00 AM | Lifestyle | The Holiday Firm Atlanta
Here are 10 ways to pick yourself up and bounce back from tough times!
1. Have faith.
Develop the powerful ability to see things that don’t yet exist. Believe that your current situation will lead you to inspiration, not depression. Trust that things will get better.
2. Set goals.
Set yourself milestones to reach, so that when you do get there, you can give yourself praise. Come Monday morning, when you have a huge heap of files waiting on your desk, just take 5 minutes to grab a coffee to mentally prepare yourself and create a realistic list of all the tasks you will get done by the end of the day.
Don’t stress, we’ve got you, here’s how to manage your projects like a boss.
3. Don’t dwell on mistakes.
Don’t be too hard on yourself and don’t beat yourself up. Study your mistakes and learn from them. Develop yourself to avoid similar situations in the future.
4. Surround yourself with inspiration
Find someone who truly inspires you on a daily basis and take inspiration from how they achieved their goals. Let their motivation in life cheer you on to follow in their footsteps!
5. Remind Yourself Why You’re Trying To Achieve Your Goal No one is going to care more than you about your dream. Have a vision board. Set yourself a daily reminder of where you want to be. Just like those fieldside cheerleaders who chant go team, go! You need to know what your end goal is and just why you want it.
6. Take time to clear your mind.
Simply sit still in a comfortable situation and focus on your breathing. The goal is to be fully present in this precious moment. No need to worry about the past or what has not yet happened.
7. Celebrate Each Small Victory- No Matter How Insignificant It Seems If it matters to you, it matters. If you finish writing that book - celebrate! If you sell your first piece of jewelry- celebrate! If you take part in that networking opportunity that made you want to never leave the house again- celebrate! If you don’t celebrate your own victories, why should anyone else? Take pride in your achievements.
8. Be grateful. Be deeply grateful for you what you already have. View your current situation as an opportunity to create greatness. Failures and limitations have been the building blocks to great success and achievement. The more that you are grateful, the more you will be given to be grateful for.
If you’re feeling down you have the power within to turn things around. Whatever you may be going through, I sincerely wish you all the best and believe you will find a way to bounce back better than ever!
9. Seek Others Who Can Understand What You’re Trying To Achieve One of the best ways to support yourself is to find other avenues of support. While one cheerleader can still be impressive, by joining with others they can create even more of a buzz. Seek out a community that is trying to achieve the same goal or which shares your passion. Not only does this help you to keep your spirits up, but you can help to become cheerleaders for others.
10. Seek Your Own Approval This is one of the best ways you can be your own cheerleader and save yourself from other's attempts to make you stumble. It is so easy to fall into the trap of seeking approval from others. The truth is, that no matter what you do whether you follow your own path or one which has been laid out for you someone is always going to disapprove of the life choices you make. What better way to be your own cheerleader than to focus on doing what you can to achieve your own goals and, therefore, happiness?